On April 25, 2011 Davenport University was notified of its designation as a 卓越中心的学术 (CAE) for its Information Assurance courseware. Davenport's designation is valid through the year 2020. CAEs are designated by the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE) and are jointly sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The HLC is nationally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Davenport University, an independent, nonprofit institution, is chartered by the State of Michigan and is empowered to grant degrees; it is also certified by the State Approval Agency of the Department of Education. Davenport University is recognized for veterans’ training under the G.I. Bill for Veterans Educational Assistance. The University is approved by the United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service as an institution of higher education for training foreign students. The University is approved by agencies of the state and federal governments for many programs including Rehabilitation, Work Incentive, etc. Accreditation credentials are available for review from University officials upon request.
For more information please visit our Information Security and Assurance Center (ISaAC) page here.
Davenport University's Bachelor of Science program (BSCS) is seeking accreditation from the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Mission and Program Educational Objectives
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Performance Indicators
- Course Information
Mission: to enable graduates from the BS Computer Science program to pursue careers in the software development field or to further their education in graduate school.
Program Educational Objectives
2 to 5 years after completing the program, graduates of the BSCS program
- will work and communicate effectively, either independently or in a team, to solve problems using computers and computer science principles.
- will reflect the diversity of our offerings and will exhibit knowledge and 澳门正规网站 sufficient for continued intellectual growth in computing.
- will be scholastically competitive in science, mathematics, and computer science and will continue to be productive in the practice of computer science to identify and solve problems across a broad range of application areas.
- will apply ethically, their computer science knowledge and 澳门正规网站 with an understanding of the limitations for the benefit of a global society.
Upon graduation, successful graduates of the program will attain the following student outcomes.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]
Student Outcome (1)
Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Apply ordinary or partial differential equations to computer science problems.
- Use discrete mathematics techniques and algorithms
- Evaluate available options in computing design in order to derive an appropriate selection based on impact.
Student Outcome (2)
Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline
- Select an appropriate algorithm to process data
- Analyze at least two possible solutions to a given problem and select the best solution
- Produce a solution within specifications
Student Outcome (3)
Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Write technical report
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations
Student Outcome (4)
Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Understand security considerations pertaining to information assurance planning
- Assess ethical issues and problems that arise in ordinary day-to-day practice.
- Evaluate alternative solutions to ethical problems or dilemmas
Student Outcome (5)
Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Fulfill team duties and share in the work of the team
- Research and gather information
- Meet deadlines and achieve project goals
Student Outcome (6)
Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]
- Implement the selected solutions for a given problem
- Use appropriate testing/debugging software
- Utilize problem solving 澳门正规网站 and techniques to complete the task